Monday, 26 July 2021



This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

There are many different coverages and situations for all drivers today. 

Maybe you have a flawless driving record. Congratulations if you do. However, you may not have been as fortunate. 

Even if you have a less than perfect driving record, we would love to earn you as a customer by helping you maximize your coverage while minimizing your premiums. 

Regardless of your driving record, or if you reside in Ohio, Kentucky, or Indiana, and are looking for a great auto or car insurance quote, you have come to the right place. We can help you navigate through the quote process to ensure that you receive the best coverage at the best price. If you are looking for an Ohio car insurance quote, we can help. 

If you have questions that are not addressed on our website, please feel free to call us about your insurance needs today at 513-598-5200 and our staff will be happy to help you with all of your needs and questions.

Have you ever wondered what all of the car insurance terms mean? Keep reading and we may help you understand better.
Note: The following outline of coverage is for your information only. Please see your policy for exact terms and conditions and exclusions and limitations.

Bodily Injury Liability (Referred to sometimes as BI): Pays when you are legally liable for injury or death caused by our vehicle. Legal fees, bail bonds and court costs are also included. Pays up to the first limit for each person and up to the second limit, maximum, for all persons injured or killed in any accident when you are legally liable. Some policies are “Single Limit” which means Bodily Injury and Property Damage are all in one “Single” limit. $100,000 Single Limit means that the maximum coverage available for any one accident is $100,000 including BOTH BI and PD.

Property Damage Liability (Referred to as PD sometimes): Pays when you are legally liable for damage to the property of others caused by your vehicle. In a “Single Limit” policy the PD would be limited to that amount, along with any BI that would have to be paid also.

Medical Payments (Each Person Limit): Pays medical, dental, hospital and funeral expenses for you, household relatives and guest passengers injured in a motor vehicle accident. Also protects you and household relatives in other vehicles or if struck as a pedestrian.

Uninsured Motorist (Referred to as UM sometimes): Pays damages that you, household relatives and passengers in the insured motor vehicles are legally entitled to recover because Bodily Injury or death caused by uninsured or hit-and-run motor vehicles. Pays up to the first limit for any one person and, up to the second limit for all persons injured or killed in an accident. This could also be a “Single” limit coverage. To receive your Ohio car insurance quote, call us today 513-598-5200

Underinsured Motorist (Referred to as UIM sometimes): Pays you, household relatives, and passengers in your insured motor vehicle against damages arising out of accidents with motorists who have motor vehicle insurance with lower limits of liability coverage than those damages suffered by you. Pays up to the first limit for one person and, up to the second limit for all persons injured or killed in one accident.

Comprehensive (Sometimes referred to as “Other than Collision”): Pays for loss or damage to Your vehicle caused by fire, theft, vandalism, hail, windstorm, riot, falling objects, flood, etc. The deductible applies to all damage. Does not pay for Collision or Upset. That is paid under Collision if you carry Collision.

Collision or Upset: Pays for loss or damage to Your vehicle caused by collision with another object or by upset of the vehicle. Payments are made on an “actual cash value” basis for the amount of each loss. Your deductible for this coverage applies first.

Towing and Labor costs: (Labor performed at the scene of the breakdown only such as changing a tire) – Pays up to the limit on your policy for each claim for towing your vehicle and any labor costs at the place of disablement. Does NOT pay for parts or subsequent repair costs.

Rental Reimbursement: Pays toward expenses to rent a vehicle if you have a loss that is covered under your Comprehensive or Collision coverage and your vehicle is disabled longer than 24 hours. Pays up to the first limit per day, but not more than the second limit for each loss.

Original Equipment Manufacturers: Pays for Original parts versus after-market parts.

Lease Gap Coverage: Additional coverage for your leased auto may be added to provide limits in excess of the actual cash value of your vehicle. This coverage would apply if the lease agreement makes you liable for the amount greater than the actual cash value of your car at the time of a covered theft or total loss.

PIP: When buying the basic PIP coverage in Kentucky (No Fault State) you forfeit your right to sue the other driver in an accident for the cost of injuries, unless the cost exceeds a certain level set by the state.

If you have questions that are not addressed on our website, please feel free to call us about your insurance needs today at 513-598-5200 and our staff will be happy to help you with all of questions for your Ohio Insurance Quote. And of course, we never forget our Hoosier or Commonwealth friends in Indiana or Kentucky! 



This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Have you ever been confused by the wording an insurance company uses on a Homeowners policy? Do you feel insurance companies use difficult terms just to make the policy hard to understand? Well, of course there are reasons for this. We insurance agents call them “lawyers.” 

Before we describe some terms and coverages, we’d like to explain a basic premise to remember about homeowners insurance. It’s a complicated thing to try and design a homeowners policy that would cover everyone. How long might it take for you to sit down with an agent and catalog all of your possessions? To avoid this problem, companies determine the replacement value of your home then use a percentage to figure out the other coverages you need. If needed, these figures can be adjusted specifically for your Ohio, Kentucky, or Indiana Insurance Quote. 

For your Kentucky, Indiana & Ohio insurance, call us today! 513-598-5200.

DWELLING: Covers the house and attached structures for accidental direct physical loss except those losses excluded in the policy. This includes built in or attached items such as built in appliances or wall-to-wall carpet.

OTHER STRUCTURES: Automatic coverage is 10% of DWELLING. Covers other buildings or structures on the property that are separated by clear space from the house. Examples are detached garage or a gazebo. 

PERSONAL PROPERTY (or CONTENTS): Automatic coverage is 70% of DWELLING. Covers your personal property, such as: furniture and clothing, and items that are not attached to or built into the home. Covers these items for loss due to specific causes such as fire, smoke, wind, theft, and other causes as described in the policy. Within “PERSONAL PROPERTY,” there are some valuable items upon which the policy places “special limits.” Some examples are jewelry, fine arts, and money. Items like jewelry and fine arts can be specifically scheduled onto the policy, and doing so picks up additional perils for which they’re covered, such as mysterious disappearance. In the case of money, if the insurance company didn’t designate a maximum amount, a fraudulent-minded person could say after a fire, “You know, I don’t believe in banks and I had $20,000 in cash in my mattress.” Automatic coverage is 70% of DWELLING.

LOSS OF USE (or ADDITIONAL LIVING EXPENSES): Automatic coverage is 100% of Dwelling. Pays for reasonable living expenses if you are not able to reside in the home due to a covered loss. 

MEDICAL PAYMENTS: Usually $1000 in coverage. Pays for medical expenses of others who are injured on your property or caused by your activities off your property. A “good faith” payment that can be made before a judge or jury determines you’re legally liable. Paying for someone’s trip to the emergency room can go a long way towards keeping them from suing you, and thereby the insurance company. And if they do sue you . . .

PERSONAL LIABILITY: Usually $500,000 in coverage. Covers injury and damages to others for which you are held legally liable, except as limited or excluded by the policy. An example of an exclusion is “intentional acts.” You can’t punch your neighbor over a fence dispute and expect the insurance company to pay for it. 

REPLACEMENT COST ON DWELLING: Can pay up to an additional 20% of the Dwelling coverage limit if the home is a total loss and additional money is needed to replace it.

REPLACEMENT COST ON CONTENTS: Pays to replace or repair personal property without depreciation being taken from the value of the property

WATER BACKUP: of sewers or drains: Different dollar amounts are available to provide coverage for cleanup or damages if your sump pump fails. 

ORDINANCE OR LAW: Pays for increased expense to rebuild due to current building codes or ordinances. Example: current zoning may require all new construction to have sprinkler systems.

EARTHQUAKE: provides coverage with a 5% deductible separately applied to Dwelling, Personal Property and Other Structures. As you should well know, Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana are all in the New Madrid Seismic Zone. 

IDENTITY THEFT: Pays up to $25,000 for expenses incurred, plus includes a service aspect to assist you with all tasks to restore your identity. Credit monitoring is also available, all for only $45 per year! Ask us for a comparison to Lifelock!

PERSONAL INJURY LIABILITY: Provides coverage for the injury as a result of: False Arrest, False Imprisonment, Wrongful Eviction or Wrongful Entry: Wrongful Detention, Malicious Prosecution, Misrepresentation, or Humiliation; Libel, Slander, Defamation of Character; or Invasion of Rights of Privacy. This coverage is also included if you purchase a Personal Umbrella Liability policy. When you request your Ohio Insurance Quote, ask us what this policy is all about. 

HOME CARE LIABILITY: Do you baby-sit during the day, like a daycare? For a very nominal charge, you can add liability coverage for valuable protection.

ADDITIONAL DWELLING UNITS LIABILITY: Do you own rental property? For a very nominal charge, we can add liability coverage extension for up to four rental units. If you are in the landlord business, you know that some insurance policies only cover the structure itself, and not liability. Of course, we at Roth & Reynolds would be very happy to provide you with an Ohio, Kentucky, & Indiana Quote, for all of your rental property. :) Like all of our products, we have very competitive rates. 

MINE SUBSIDENCE: This is a very necessary coverage for our friends in Southern Ohio & Indiana, and all of Kentucky. Your house may have been built over an old coal mine without you even knowing. If over time there’s a collapse, you’re covered with this option. 

LOSS ASSESSMENT: Even though you own your own home, are you a part of Homeowner Association? If so, you could be “assessed,” or made to pay, damages or injuries for some common occurrence for which the Association is responsible. Does your neighborhood have a pond or a playground? If a child were to be hurt and the Master Association policy doesn’t have enough coverage, the child’s parents are coming after each Association member. And that means you!

Your Team
We are here to help
See what others are saying.
Request a Quote
Contact Us for more information
Let us custom quote your insurance and financial needs.
We had storm/wind damage on our roof. I called Jenny and she said an adjuster would be calling soon. Chris Reilly called later that day and came the next day to give an estimate. He approved for a new roof and the roofers started the next day!! I got the check that day also, and by Friday I had a new roof!!! I was very pleased and amazed at how quick and efficient everything went! It was very smooth and proffesional and I am very happy with my new roof!! Thanks for everything and Excellent Job!!!!!
Chris & Carla C, Cincinnati, Ohio



Since my claim was reported on a Saturday morning, I was thrilled to receive an immediate response to my telephone call reporting the water damage to my living room ceiling following a very heavy rain the previous night. I was assigned a claim number the morning I reported the damage; my agent put me in touch with a contractor who came to the house within a couple hours of my call; and the adjuster contacted me and scheduled a time to come by and view the damage. Great service from all involved! Thanks so much for all your help Saturday! I have to say, I was impressed by how fast Nationwide (you) responded; how Nationwide handled my concerns; and how prompt Larry was in getting to the house to check it.
Mary F, Cincinnati, OH